Re: One staff, two voices

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: One staff, two voices
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 13:32:34 +1100

On 28/10/12 12:57, Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:

Fellow Users:

I am encoding a three part fugue (Bach). Two of the voices should be in the treble staff. The instructions in the on-line manual were followed (1.5.2 Multiple Voices Explicitly instantiating voices).

When I enter code in { \voiceTwo } the notes are just appended wherever voice one stopped (I use Frescobaldi). I have checked the instructions several times. I must still be missing something.

If you're using Frescobaldi, why not use the score setup wizard to create the skeleton of the score. You can specify how many voices you want on each staff etc. Using the wizard, this took about 30 seconds to create:

\version "2.17.5"

\header {

title = "Title"

composer = "Composer"

}

global = {

\key c \major

\time 4/4

}

rightOne = \relative c'' {

\global

c4 c c c

}

rightTwo = \relative c'' {

\global

c,4 c c c

}

left = \relative c' {

\global

c,4 c c c

}

\score {

\new PianoStaff \with {

instrumentName = "Piano"

} <<

\new Staff = "right" \with {

midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"

} << \rightOne \\ \rightTwo >>

\new Staff = "left" \with {

midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"

} { \clef bass \left }

\layout { }

\midi {

\context {

\Score

tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 100 4)