Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new sta

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new stable version
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 07:18:43 -0500

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM, james <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> here's an example
> where the answer to my question was a bit above my level of understanding.
> Granted, the question was a bit above my level of understanding…

I'm sorry, but I'm having a difficult time understanding your point.
You asked a question about something which you confessed was beyond
you, and I gave you a solution which works.  Should I not have given
you that solution because it contains some arcane gobbledygook?

I was trying to be helpful.  With that in mind, I adapted the solution
so you wouldn't need to repeat buckets of code every time you wanted
some other special text+dynamic combination: "rinforza p," "sempre p,"
etc.

I thought that the example code made that sufficiently clear, and I
apologize for not spelling that out better.

Was my answer the best one?  This depends on what version you're
using, and even so, maybe not.  In any case once a solution is up,
others have something in front of them that they can improve.

-David