Re: System/System spacing

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: System/System spacing
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 03:01:19 +0200

2012/10/13 Adrian Oehm <address@hidden>:
> Hi
>
> This is probably a dumb question, but can someone please tell me where to
> find info/examples on (or explain how to) increasing the system/system
> spacing.

Suppose we have this score:

\score { \new Staff \repeat unfold 100 b1 }

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a5")
}

%%%%

And you want systems to be more spaced out by a minimum amount of 20
staff-spaces. Add this to the paper block:

system-system-spacing = #'(
                             (basic-distance . 20)
                             )

More complex settings are possible, check out the documentation for
vertical flexible paper variables. This is an example:

system-system-spacing = #'((stretchability . 3)
                             (basic-distance . 20)
                             (minimum-distance . 10)
                             (padding . 5))

This part of our documentation is correct and complete, but I agree in
that more examples would be very welcome.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com