Re: newbie guitar fingering layout question

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: newbie guitar fingering layout question
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 02:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Tisdall wrote
> My main question is this: I'd like to have the bow and
> left-hand fingering and right-hand fingering appear in the
> space between the two staffs, in a straight line, so they
> can be seen easily by those reading either the standard
> staff above, or the tablature staff below.  How to do?  The
> staffs are in synch, so I just need to take the fingering
> info from the standard staff and "push it down" so it will
> line up underneath (and therefore between the two staffs.)

to really get them on a straight line you can put them in a new context
which doesn't produce staff lines:

\new Dynamics {
    s  \downbow s  \upbow s  \downbow
    s  \downbow s  \upbow s  \downbow
    s  \downbow s  \upbow s  \downbow
    s \downbow   s \upbow
    s \downbow   s \upbow
    s \downbow s \downbow s \upbow s \downbow
  }

similarly you can add another Dynamic staff for fingering

hth
Eluze