Re: glissando and how to create concise code

From: Brad Smith
Subject: Re: glissando and how to create concise code
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 20:38:30 -0400

> your first variable `notea' is coded with ly:music? it should be ly:pitch?
> Furthermore I think it's useful to have the possibility to adjust the
> duration of `notea', so I added a new variable `dur' with predicate
> ly:duration?
> I hope someone with more english-language-skills could give you more
> detailed explanations.
>
> HTH,
>   Harm

Thank you very much. Changing it to ly:pitch takes care of it. I had
been going by the examples at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/substitution-function-examples
and the only one there that had a note used ly:music. When should you
use ly:pitch and when should you use ly:music? (Is there a place in
the documentation that is good for learning these things?)

-- Brad Smith