Re: Bertalan Fodor LilyPondTool 2.14.9 release (the last for the foresee

From: Andreas Stenberg
Subject: Re: Bertalan Fodor LilyPondTool 2.14.9 release (the last for the foreseeable, future)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:19:32 +0300

Dear Mr. Fodor

I want to thank You for Your great work with the jEdit Lilypond tool. Although I have moov'd on to use Frescobaldi as my front end I used Your Lilytool extensively for several years both professionally as a teacher of music and for more or less serious works of love: transcribing early music, composing, editing Orthodox polyphonic chant etc.. Your tool was the only really functionable front end for a windows user before Frescobaldi got their windows version running.

The Lilytool and its jEdit underlying editor still has many features that work better than Frescobaldi amongst others the greater possibility make your own plugs on the plug (had a project running consisting of making a app to feed in lyrics to different model melodies in Russian orthodox chant in multiple voices. It sadly potter'd out due to the usual: not time enough.) My switch was mainly because of a more reliable point and click, midi player and a more functional code completion in Fresco. Your Wizards have in my opinion a better functionality than the fresco wizards as does the way to make and include your own code snippets.

I'm sad to hear that the lilytool era now seems to go the way of the world. My best wishes to You and a lot of thanks from.

Andreas Stenberg