Re: parenthesize chord

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: parenthesize chord
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:27:14 +1000

On 23/09/12 17:12, TaoCG wrote:
> David Nalesnik-2 wrote
>> Here's my hack!
>>
>> A while back I was experimenting with defining new grobs, and a
>> chord-parenthesizer was one of them.  It's based on a rewrite of
>> `arpeggio-engraver.cc' and incorporates material from `stencil.scm'
>> (to draw the parentheses) and uses the approach found in the
>> regression test `scheme-text-spanner.ly'.
>>
>> I updated this to work with 2.16.0, but that's about it.
>>
>> It's a lot of code, I know, but hopefully it will be useful.
>>
>> -David
> Thank you, that looks very good.
> The parentheses collide with glissando lines. Would it be possible to
> resolve that collision automatically?

You can add whiteout to the ChordParentheses, but that also results in
the staff lines disappearing underneath them:

\override ChordParentheses #'whiteout = ##t

Otherwise, you can shorten a glissando with:

    \once \override Glissando #'(bound-details left padding) =
#shorten-amount
    \once \override Glissando #'(bound-details right padding) =
#shorten-amount

Nick