Re: Four Bars per Line/System, again :)

From: bthom
Subject: Re: Four Bars per Line/System, again :)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm now wondering if there's a way to modify this 4-bars-per-line engraving
function I found at the forum so that it does the following:

1. print a pickup partial measure on the right-hand side of a single line
(not spanning entire line but using, say, the width that would make sense in
proportional notation), followed by
2. some number of bars (an integer number times, say, 4), where then 4 per
line would be engraved,
3. print a pickup partial measure afterword this integer number of times, on
the left-hand side of the last line of the score (again in a proportional
notation style).

If I just add a partial above and below, the 4-per-line function gets
screwed up.

Aside: the reason I want to do this is that when playing for dances, say,
its useful to keep track of where you are w/in a piece in terms of, say, 32
bars. but the pickups in and out add the need for partials. what i want is a
layout like this, e.g.:

                                   intro p/u |
||: bar 1 | bar 2 | bar 3 | bar 4     |
     bar . | bar . | bar . | bar .  :||
exit p/u

I can provide the code I've been playing w/presently if that would be
helpful.

Thanks so much,

--b