Re: -dbackend=eps clips lowest beam

From: eluze
Subject: Re: -dbackend=eps clips lowest beam
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:18:38 -0700 (PDT)

Werner LEMBERG wrote

>>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=720
>>>
>> I don't think it's the same bug
>
> Hmm.  I see that the rendering of the documentation snippets has
> changed fundamentally because the code has been changed, hiding the
> deficiency.  Compare this
>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals
>
> with this:
>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals
>
> If I compile the 2.14 snippet for the first image
>
>   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/8f/lily-b2620bcb.ly
>
> with 2.17.1, I get the attached PDF file which shows the problem.
> Maybe a different bug, but certainly related.

seems like a (musically not so correct) hack to keep the beams inside the
staff or not exceeding the normal stem length which is augmented in the
example with normal beaming…

if you change the 3rd quarter an octave down the vertical extent is
calculated correctly and no more cropping happens.

my conclusion is that the real bug only happens with \autoChange and
lengthened stems

btw I don't think the slur of the example in comment #7 of issue 720 is
really cropped.

Eluze