Re: vim pointing to pdf-viewer and reverse

From: Stjepan Horvat
Subject: Re: vim pointing to pdf-viewer and reverse
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:47:55 +0200

Hi guys..it is an old post..but i got it working right now..so i want to share it with you..

I made a script vim-lilypond.sh

#!/bin/bash
FILENAME=`echo $1 | cut -d ":" -f 2`
LINE=`echo $1 | cut -d ":" -f 3`
CHAR=`echo $1 | cut -d ":" -f 4`
COLUMN=`echo $1 | cut -d ":" -f 5`
vim --servername lilypond --remote-silent "+call cursor($LINE, $CHAR+1)" $FILENAME

then i started vim with server called lilypond:

vim --servername lilypond file.ly

and in xpdf or epdfview changed the urlCommand to "~./vim-lilypond.sh %s" or whereever you put it..

it also works with gvim..

what i didnt understand is how lilypond-invoke-editor works and what it is for..and..
what is the diference between LINE CHAR and COLUMN couse url comand has 3 numbers..

..am happy...