Re: chords as markups?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: chords as markups?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:20:29 +0200

On 6 sept. 2012, at 08:06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

The reason we can't just override the text property is because it
is junked and reset internally in LilyPond.  The
unpure-pure-container makes sure that the chord is taken into
account in horizontal spacing calculations.  Anytime you override a
stencil, try to use an unpure-pure-container.

Where is this documented in the user manuals?  Where in the code?

You have beaten me by a few minutes :-)

   Werner