RemoveEmptyStaffContext and merge rests snippet not co-operating

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: RemoveEmptyStaffContext and merge rests snippet not co-operating
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 03:04:01 +0200

Dear list

Using 2.14.2, I am setting an SA-TB choir score with an additional solo voice.
With the help of snippet 336¹ I am auto-merging rests in the two-voiced
staves.  I also want to use \layout{ \context{ \RemoveEmptyStaffContext } }
in order to hide the solo staff where it is silent.

While the empty staves get removed as expected, using this feature breaks the
merge-rests code -- I get two rests above each other.  Can you per-chance tell
by looking at the snippet with your trained eye what could fix this (if at all
possible)?  It’s not really a showstopper, I can do it the old-fashioned way:
\oneVoice r4 \voiceOne

I’d be just more convenient if I wouldn’t have to. :-)
Thanks and good night...

¹ http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

“I'm always right.
This time I'm just even more right than usual.” – Linus Torvalds