Re: Footnote to lyrics

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Footnote to lyrics
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 07:09:15 +0200

On 4 sept. 2012, at 01:36, Mogens Lemvig Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> How do I add a footnote to lyrics printed with the music?
> The code below does, of course, not work, but I hope it explains what I want.
>
> \version "2.16.0"
>
> \score { <<
> { a' b' c'' d'' }
> \addlyrics { One two three \footnote "The note" four }
>>>
> }
>
> Regards,
> Mogens

\score { <<
\addlyrics {
 One two three
 \footnote #"*" #'(1 . 1) #'LyricText #"The note" \default
 four

I'm not sure why \default needs to be used here. My guess is that Lilypond does
not recognize "four" as a music expression, so you have to use \default, which
links up the footnote with the column of music in which "four" resides.

Cheers,
MS