Re: consecutive downbow-upbow articulations

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: consecutive downbow-upbow articulations
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 17:40:50 -0700

Eluze! Exactly. Thank you so much. But the two symbols are overlapping with one another. How do you think I should make sure that the upbow symbol isn't drawn on top of the downbow symbol? J

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM, eluze <address@hidden> wrote:

Jeffrey Trevino wrote

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to indicate that string instruments will need to re-bow during a
> very long note, through a common symbol: A downbow followed immediately by
> an upbow, appearing over a single note. (I guess string players might find
> this obvious from the duration of a note, but I'm copying a score, so I
> need this symbol to appear, because it appears in the original notation.)
> From the docs, I can see how to put many articulations in a stack on top
> of
> one note, but I can't see how they can appear in the same line from left
> right. Again, I'd like there to be a downbow mark, followed to its
> immediate right by an upbow mark, and for these to appear over a single
> note. Does anyone know how I can do this?

do you mean something like

^\markup \concat { \musicglyph #"scripts.downbow" \musicglyph
#"scripts.upbow" }

or did I misunderstand your question?

Eluze

《〠》】〶【〖〠〗〶〛〷〚