Re: Accompaniment of accordion (accords)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Accompaniment of accordion (accords)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:02:31 +0200

Jens Liebenau <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear LilyPond user(s),
>
> How can I realise an accompaniment of accordions (accords) in
> LilyPond?
>
> I want to do it like the music publisher did in the attached sheet of
> music: with lower-case and capitalised letters for the different
> accords. Because I am not very well versed in accordions, could
> someone explain this notation to me?
> Or is that notation more unusual?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!

Please don't post copyrighted material to the list, except in excerpts
required for discussing the technical questions, for which one or two
bars should be more than enough.  We certainly don't want cover pages
and advertisements, and no copyrighted performable material.  Apart from
taking bandwidth, it is legally problematic.

At the current point of time, LilyPond does not have much support for
accordion built-in.

Basically, you would use chords, and write just the chord and bass names
as markups in text sub- and superscripts.  That is not all that
satisfactory, since it does not adapts itself to transposition, but that
is also the case for the notes themselves (transposing accordion chords
usually implies the bass note and the chord notes staying in the same
octave).

--
David Kastrup