Fermata with parenthesis

From: Daniel E. Moctezuma
Subject: Fermata with parenthesis
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:19:15 -0700

Hello,

I would like to ask for some advice on writing functions using Scheme.
I'm looking to have a up fermata object with parenthesis, at the beginning I was using make-dynamic-script to achieve that (of course I had to use ^ or _ to properly place it). Now I'm using make-music specifying the direction with 'direction UP.

My questions are:
1. Fermata seems to be a musicglyph, so neither make-music nor make-dynamic-script should be used?
2. In case of using make-dynamic-script, how can the direction be specified on the function?
3. Is there a better way to achieve this?

Function:

parenUFermata =

#(make-music

   'TextScriptEvent