Re: Vertical spacing within header blocks

From: eluze
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing within header blocks
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

Phil Holmes-2 wrote

>> Is there a way of adjusting the vertical spacing within a header block?
>> After increasing the size of the title text, so:
>>
>> title = \markup { \fontsize #5 "Suite" }
>>
>> but I now need to slightly increase the spacing between the title and
>> subsequent text and the dedication text above it. So far I've found no
>> references to how to do this.
>
> Something along the following lines is likely to do what you want:
>
> \header {
>   subtitle = \markup {\fontsize #5 "Brahms: Symphony Number 3"}
>   composer = \markup { \center-column { "Music: Arranged by Phil Holmes"
> \vspace #1 } }
> }

this looks like a good solution - there's another approach: looking at
titling-init.ly you see the definitions

bookTitleMarkup = \markup {
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
  \column {
    \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:dedication }
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
    \column {
…

where you should be able to customize both /baseline-skip/s to your needs
(or add new ones for other lines)

(you don't have to change this in the original lilypond file! just copy the
definition of the bookTitleMarkup to a \paper section)

Eluze