Re: Writing a repeated rhythm

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Writing a repeated rhythm
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:17:39 +0200

Lo?c Chahine <address@hidden> writes:
Hi all!

I am trying to find a function to simplify repeated rhythm writing. I
have a part with many bars like:

r8 c16( c? c c c c) r8 d16( d? d d d d)

and I think it would be easier to write something like:

\myRh { c d }

I found some Snippets, like this one:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=302
or this one:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=465

But they seem not to work with 2.15.42, and I am not able to update
them.
<URL:http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/snippets/pitches#pitches-creating-a-sequence-of-notes-on-various-pitches>

Unfortunately, this nice feature only works in absolute mode. If you replace
\new Staff {
by
\new Staff \relative c' {
you will get a very nasty surprise. Is there any simple way to make a function where repeated notes are not further octaviated in this situation, without Scheme hacking?

    /Mats