Re: Ledger line visibility issue

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Ledger line visibility issue
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:17:32 +0200

On Aug 12, 2012, at 6:58 PM, "Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a score with many repeated beamed quavers and semi-quavers on ledger lines. The default layout is difficult to read as ledger lines and the staff produce an almost hypnotic effect which confuses the reader. This resuluts in loss of concentration and rythmic stumbles. I would like to space these beamed notes out to provide white space between the notes. However all my attempts to make changes (apart from set-global-staff-size) have failed even when the syntax is accepted there is no change in the printed score.

I am finding the syntax difficult to grasp so I hope this is not a trivial problem that I should be able to solve for myself - any help would be gratefully recieved.

regards
Peter Gentry

While this doesn't answer your answer your question directly, and it may be an undesirable solution, the music may be easier to read if you use octavation symbols to place the notes on the staff.