Re: How to restore default-stem-attachment with note-head-stencil-overri

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: How to restore default-stem-attachment with note-head-stencil-override?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 14:12:25 +0200

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:56:09 -0700, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> But reading out x- and y-length of the NoteHead-stencil, and comparing
>> their quotient with the quotient build from the values I got via
>> 'stem-attachment, different results are returned.
>>
>> x-length 1.316178
>> y-length 1.100012
>> [stem-attachment]  (1.0 . 0.341476274804275)
>
> The stem attaches at 1.0 times the width of the head, 0.34 times the height,
> so for the default note-head it attaches at (1.32 staff-space, 0.37
> staff-space)
> ... or possibly the origin is in the middle of the head, so stem might
> attach at half what I figured, (0.66 0.18) relative to the center.

I think that the reference point in X-axis is the left edge, while in
Y-axis it's the center.

Harm, i mentioned that in my opinion the optimal solution would be to
use core-extents.  Attached is a draft that introduces core-extent and
uses it for calculating stem attachment.  Unfortunately ledgers are
still wrong; it seems that it won't be that easy to get everything
working smoothly.
Please let me know if you have any problems with applying these patches.

Janek