Re: tunefl and other web services

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:23:25 +1000

On 12/07/12 18:59, David Kastrup wrote:
Philip Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

On Thursday 12 July 2012 David Kastrup wrote:

The Debian ad goes to a bit more effort than depicting an arbitrary
snapshot of a woman in a swimsuit.  And I still don't see them pulling
this off convincingly either.
I can imagine,
speaking for myself but not for St Thomas Aquinas, that many ways of
pulling a bikini off -- assuming the wearer has
agreed to that course of action -- might be convincing from at least
some perspective.
There is a fine line between having been convinced and being convinced.
Thomas Aquinas could have expressed this distinction with "persuadere ut
..." as opposed to "persuadere" with an a.c.i.

St Augustine, who had a strong influence on Thomas Aquinas, is supposed to have said, as a young man: "Oh Lord, give me chastity, but not yet."