Re: tunefl and other web services

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 06:10:06 +0200

Joseph Rushton Wakeling <address@hidden> writes:

> On 06/07/12 14:49, David Kastrup wrote:
>> I don't see that GPLv2 permits additional restrictions to be added to
>> the work as a whole.  The requirement to make the source available to
>> anybody using a service supplied by the software is an additional
>> restriction.
>
> "GPLv2 or later" means that you can interpret the work as being
> covered instead by GPLv3,

This is not a question of reinterpretation or optional.  You _can't_
license redistributed works under GPLv2 if the work as a whole contains
AGPLv3 components.  Once you made use of the relicensing and upstream
did not, changes from you can't be contributed upstream by anybody else
under GPLv2.

--
David Kastrup