Re: transpose chords?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: transpose chords?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:57:57 -0500

On Jun 24, 2012, at 7:58 PM, MING TSANG wrote:

> Hi, lily user:
>
> I use \transpose g d on a melody song.  The transpose is fine, but I notice
> the chord is not transposed.   How to do transpose of chord together with
> transpose of melody?

The same way that you do it with the melody, but you also have to use
\transpose separately with the \chordmode block.  An excerpt from one of my
lead sheets:

harmonies = \transpose bes c \chordmode {

% 1
c2:min7 ees2:9
aes2:maj7 g2:7.5+
c2:min7 ees2:9
aes2:maj7 g2:7.5+
}

melody = \transpose bes c' \relative c' {
\time 4/4
\clef treble
\key ees \major

% 1