Re: combining pieces in one book

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: combining pieces in one book
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:30:05 +0200

Il 23/06/2012 15:53, "Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger" ha scritto:
Hi to all,

If this has been answered before, please point me there. I searched
the manual several times, but couldn't find an answer, that helped
me.

I'm CCing lilypond-bug, because I believe that missing index entries for book and bookpart doesn't help when searching this kind of information.

@bugsquad Please add a @cindex for \book and \bookpart

They are introduced in NR 3.1.2 (bookpart) and 3.1.3 (book).

I have many pieces for male choir, that are stored as .ly-files in a
directory with a subdirectory for every piece. All of them use some
files via \include command. Those files are situated in the parent
directory.

Now I would like to make a book (one PDF with TOC and numbered pages)
from several of these pieces. And - to make it more complicated -
this book changes in content (the .ly-files are the repertoire, book
will be the selection for any given concert.

I am searching for a solution to _easily_ make those books without
working on the pieces-files. Using \bookpart gave a great number of
errors and didn't compile. Can anyone give me a starter, how to go
about this?

In order to understand what you are doing wrong, you should post a minimal example and copy the error message.

I remember I had problems with bookpart when I started using lilypond:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-08/msg00835.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-08/msg00856.html

Since then I've never used bookpart anymore, now I just use a main file which include the \score(s) defined in separate files. See attached file here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-05/msg00057.html

HTH
--
Federico