Choir with solos - lyrics handling

From: Hartmut Leister
Subject: Choir with solos - lyrics handling
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:59:53 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm typesetting a choral (SATB) piece with solos (by men or women) and
am having problems with the lyrics handling.

The piece starts with SATB, then TB do a solo part, then SA do solo
(both included in \saSoloZwei and\tbSoloZwei) and after SATB again - see
[1].
In the non-solo parts the lyrics are the same for every voice, except
for some rhythmical differences (sopranos do "g8. g16 g2.", while basses
do "c4. c8 c2") here and there.
Right now I have two sets of lyrics - one below every stave and they
aren't always correctly set to the rhythm.

Does anybody have a good template, where I only have to type the lyrics
once, the 1 line of lyrics is placed between the staves and goes on
through SATB parts, SA solos and TB solos?

The templates I found where only SA-TB or S-A-T-B all the time and if I
wanted only 1 line of lyrics, it either left out SA solo or TB solo.
I can also deliver the rest of the code as well as the produced PDF output.

Thanks in advance
Hartmut

[1] current LY structure:

saMusic = \relative c'' {
    \global
    <<
      \sopranoEins
      \altoEins

    \saSoloZwei
    <<
      \sopranoDrei
      \altoDrei

}

tbMusic = \relative c' {
  <<
    \voiceOne \tenorEins
    \voiceTwo \bassEins

  \tbSoloZwei
  <<
    \voiceOne \tenorDrei
    \voiceTwo \bassDrei

}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChoirStaff <<
      \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = \markup \center-column { "Sopran" "Alt" }
      } <<
        \new Voice = "sa" { \saMusic }

      %      \new Voice = "saSolo" { \saSolo }
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sa" \verse
      \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = \markup \center-column { "Tenor" "Bass" }
      } <<
        \clef bass
        \new Voice = "tb" { \tbMusic }

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "tb" \verse