Re: A couple house-style adaptment questions

From: Rodolfo Zitellini
Subject: Re: A couple house-style adaptment questions
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:27:33 +0200

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 16 June 2012 11:45, Rodolfo Zitellini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I have to prepare a book to follow the house style of my publisher,
>> and I'm struggling a bit with the following things:
>>
>> 1) Aligned BassFigures ABOVE the staff.
>> The publisher wants them all above. I include the figures to my Staff
>> context and set \bassFigureStaffAlignmentUp: it works, but each number
>> gets it's vertical position from the note it hase above, with the
>> result that the figures are not uniformly aligned. Is there a way to
>> aligne them to the same baseline? It would be the same as when you put
>> them in the FiguredBass context under the staff (tried a FiguredBass
>> context but it seems it can be placed only under the staff and not
>> above).
>
> Hi,
>
> A FiguredBass context above the staff works here.
> Or is this result not what you want?
>
> %%%% Snippet
>
> \version "2.15.40"
>
> \score {
>  <<
>    \new FiguredBass {
>      \figuremode {
>        <6>4 <5> <6 4> <6 5/> |
>        <5>1
>      }
>    }
>    \new Staff {
>      \clef bass
>      \relative c {
>        c4 f g g, |
>        c1
>      }
>    }
>  >>
> }
>
> %%%% End of snippet

Thanks Daniel and Xavier! all the points are mostly solved. I just
still have a couple problems with the figures above the staff.
My error (before Xavier's suggestion) was that I placed my
\FiguredBass into a StaffGroup (I show a group on only one stave).
Putting it outside works, figures are nicely aligned above the staff
but... if I add another staff above, the figures seem to stick on the
bottom of the upper staff:

%%%% Snippet

\version "2.15.40"

\score {
 <<
\new Staff {
        \clef "treble"
        \relative c'' {
        c4 a g d' | c1
   \new FiguredBass {
     \figuremode {
       <6>4 <5> <6 4> <6 5/> |
       <5>1
   \new Staff {
     \clef bass
     \relative c {
       c4 f g g, |
       c1

\paper {
        ragged-bottom = ##f
        ragged-last-bottom = ##f
}

%%%% End of snippet

You should get a huge gap between the staves and the numbers on the
upper one. How can I have them stick to the bottom stave? Am I missing
something here?
Thanks!
Rodolfo