Re: Trills With Accidentals

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Trills With Accidentals
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 02:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

ArnoldTheresius wrote:

> P Spalding wrote:
>>
>> Arnold,  In Linux Ubuntu, the Lilypond version I had was 2.12.   I just
>> upgraded to 2.14.2 hoping these commands you sent me would work.   Nope!
>> I see the include file you sent was created in version 2.15.39.
>>
>> Regards,
>> RDL
>>
> It was quite some time to develop these routines - I started with 2.12.3
> in use. I think just the last change I did not test with the older
> versions. I'll retest it on my Win7/64 with 2.12.3, 2.14.2 and 2.15.39. At
> least, it did run with all these versions in the past.

I had the chance to do a quick check on a VMWare ubuntu - based on the
developers UBUNTU VMWare with the standard release 2.14.2 installed. uname
-a returns ... 2.6.32.26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00.03 UTC 2010
i686 GNU/Linux.
I copied both ly files into one directory. I editded
pitchedArticulationsTest.ly using gedit, where I replaced \version "2.15.39"
with \version "2.14.2" and uncommented my test suite. I opened the Terminal,
set my working directory to the directory both files were stored, and did
run lilypond per commandline, i.e. `lilypond pitchedArticulationsTest.ly`. I
got the expected warnings (fallback to ... symbol) and the PDF was
successfully created. A quick view into the PDF did not show any problem.