Re: transcribe notes

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: transcribe notes
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:21:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <address@hidden>
To: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:06 PM

Janek Warchoł writes:

I'm not sure.  This is a music notation question: "what's this?".
Lily documentation aims to answer different kind of questions: "how do
i engrave this?" and it assumes that the user knows what's what he
wants.

She wants a certain type of note.  Chances are that she can find out
which one it is by herself much easier when we have images of all notes
available.

Jan

It's not too hard to find elsewhere, TBH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Note_value

I'm not convinced we need to turn the Lilypond documentation into a general musical tutor, glossary notwithstanding.

--
Phil Holmes