Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:35:08 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> David Nalesnik already did this:
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=838
>
>> I think the issue at this point is not LilyPond's lack of ability to
>> do this or that,
>> but rather the lack of a vibrant cookbook culture like Python has.
>
> I think you're right.

It is a bit more than that.  A cookbook is nice (and we have excellent
cooks here), but of more importance is a standard cook you can hand it
to.  Namely a sort of module system.  A place where you can drop things
in, call them by name, and they will come.  Copy&paste jobs are nice,
but a standard place where things can be called from, and maintained and
improved by someone else, beats that.

--
David Kastrup