Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:28:38 +0200

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:
> Let me respond as a musician rather than as a programmer, because I am the
> first and I am not the second.  A lot of the syntax of Lilypond makes little
> sense except perhaps to people used to coding.  If you're a musician, the
> first months of trying to use Lilypond can be little more than an exercise in
> frustration.  There are several reasons for this, including: [..]

Do you know about GLISS
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor-big-page#grand-lilypond-input-syntax-standardization-_0028gliss_0029)?
 It's planned for this summer (never mind obsolete dates in
Contributors' Guide), and it may help with many of your (valid)
concerns.  I hope that you'll help by participating in (maybe
organizing some?) discussions.

Btw, have you read my articles in previous LilyPond Report?
http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-25#lilypond_s_future
http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-25#working_with_lilypond_a_personal_experience

cheers,
Janek