Re: Possible multiple bugs, any way around?

From: Sami
Subject: Re: Possible multiple bugs, any way around?
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

>Only if there is unrepeated music played before the repeated sections.
Otherwise putting in any more >elements than are necessary can cause
unnecessary visual clutter.  Ask me how I know.  ;-)

>Look at most jazz lead sheets, there is usually no equivalent of \bar "|:"
at the start or \bar ":|" at the end.  >A prime exception is some lead
sheets where the form is truncated with repeats so that it stays on a single
>page (e.g., "Waltz For Debby" in the old illegal Real Books, which has
nested repeats to negotiate).  But >most standards start with no repeat
glyph and end with the equivalent of \bar "|." yet everyone knows to >repeat
the forms as needed.

>Tim

I got this habit working with big bands. They don't use them there often,
but I wish they did. I have a small of markers at hand to highlight repeats,
key changes, tempo changes, the most notable dynamics, segnos, codas etc,
and I always wanted to highlight the beginning and ending of a repeated
section, to avoid on the job mistakes, esp. if I had to sightread hard
material on stage. So, I grew to like them. It forms an nice little entity
there for my eyes, start here, finish there...