Re: Lilypond source code indenter and formatter

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond source code indenter and formatter
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 01:20:08 +0100

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 12:44:00AM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:

> Is anyone on the list aware of a tool that takes a valid Lilypond
> score as input and produces as output the same .ly file but with the
> formatting and layout standardized?

Yes and no.  Various editors can do this.

Frescobaldi has a script to do it (see the issue), but it's not
clear if it can be run independently or not.  As implied by that
issue and
, it would be great if we had such a script, and I'd hope to ship
it as part of lilypond.  And, of course, run it on all our files
in git and all the docs.

- Graham