Re: dashed initial barline with SystemStartBar?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: dashed initial barline with SystemStartBar?
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 02:34:25 +0200

2012/6/5 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:

> Ah, OK, I now see that the spacing at the very top and bottom isn't equal
> with this change (though the dashed part won't overreach the top cap), so
> "back to the drawing board" :)  Sorry for the noise.

Hi David,

sorry for the late reply.
My time for working on/with LilyPond is eaten up by a large amount of
non-LilyPond projects and problems those days.
e.g.: Yesterday a tree in my garden toppled down on my neighbour's house.
(@David Kastrup: An own garden isn't a pleasure all the time.)

But I wish to express my deepest gratefulness for your effort working on this.

Perhaps you noticed my posts on -devel about new barlines. There you
can find a `make-dashed-bar-line'-definition very close to
`make-dashed-system-start-bar'. It was very difficult to develop it so
far, but your idea for the dashed-stems gave my the essential push for
a first, more or less successful try.
Because there are small but noticeable shifts of the dashes depending
on global-staff-size and/or the distances of the staffs, I'm not
really happy with that definition.

So any improvement for the dashed SystemStartBar would be of great
help for the barline-project.

My own attempts were not succesful so far. :(

Thanks again and best wishes,
  Harm