Re: dashed initial barline with SystemStartBar?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: dashed initial barline with SystemStartBar?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:45:59 -0500

Hi Harm,

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:52 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Harm,

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

2012/6/1 diekunstderfuge <address@hidden>:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like the barline printed by System_start_delimiter_engraver using
> SystemStartBar to print as a dashed barline instead of a solid barline.

it seems that the only available style is 'bar-line. But you can
override the stencil.

Some remarks:
(1)
I used an idea of David Nalesnik.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-05/msg00209.html
Thanks again!!

You're welcome!

(2)
In `factors' of `make-dashed-system-start-bar' there is a hardcoded
value, that I figured out manually: 0.983
I wasn't able to express this through a variable.
Any hint?

I should have quoted the whole assignment, b/c this only would work if you remove the scaling factor:

 (factors
     (map
         (lambda (x) (+ (/ num 100)  (* (/ height (1- (* 2 num))) x)))
         (iota (* 2 (1- num)))))

HTH,
David