Re: custom compound time signature

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: custom compound time signature
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 23:39:59 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It is much more straightforward to add
>>> \alias "Staff"
>>> to the definition of the TimeSig context.  Then any overrides for Staff
>>> issued within TimeSig will not get handed upstairs.
>>>
>>> This should probably be added to the LSR snippet: while it does not in
>>> itself require it currently, it is likely to cause irritation like
>>> here.
>
> sorry for the late reply and many thanks for your effort.
>
> I changed http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=272 following your suggestion.

I wanted to put out the usual "we need to document this" tirade, but it
turns out that
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/defining-new-contexts>
actually does state

    Since it is similar to the Voice, we want commands that work on
    (existing) Voices to remain working. This is achieved by giving the
    new context an alias Voice,

        \alias Voice

Which is rather close.

--