Re: stem across voices

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: stem across voices
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 16:13:04 +0200

Il 03/06/2012 16:04, David Nalesnik ha scritto:
This sort of notation is very common.  Rather than notating only what is
physically possible for the player, the notator tries to show the
musical sense of the passage.  So, here, we have two voices, and the
notator is trying to show each voice completely.  At this point, the two
voices converge on the same pitch.  (If this were scored for two
instruments, both would touch that note together.)

Thanks David (and Janek), it makes sense to me now