Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 115, Issue 5

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 115, Issue 5
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:47:54 -0700 (PDT)

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 22:19:47 +0200
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
>
> Jonathan Wilkes <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You should have a look at the website for Ardour if you haven't
>> already.? Paul has a little bar that fills up toward a monthly total,
>> and has an easy donation method that is highly visible.? You might
>> also want to get in touch with him to get some details on how that
>> process has worked for Ardour.
>>
>> If you end up implementing something like that on the Lilypond
>> website,?I'll donate the first $100.
>
> If we put a full-page ad for proprietary software on the LilyPond
> website and offer only crippled binaries for Windows/MacOSX unless you
> donate first, I'll be in wild protest.
>
> Anyway, I am _one_ developer of several, and it would be inappropriate
> to turn the LilyPond website into a personal payment collector for
> myself.  And Paul Davis runs a decidedly larger part (and also has
> larger responsibilities) with the Ardour show than I do with LilyPond.

It doesn't have to be part of the Lilypond website.  The link you already
have could go to your own page that has the little bar I referred to and a
button to make a donation through paypal.  Of course that would require
work and upkeep on your part.  That's why I suggested contacting Paul--
maybe he can give you tips on what the easiest process is to set
something like that up. (In fact I think there's a thread on the forum about
just that topic.)

-Jonathan