Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:20:40 +0100

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:05:02PM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> David's right.  However, i think it would be ok to add a "monthly
> donations progress bar" on the sponsoring subpage
> (http://www.lilypond.org/sponsoring.html), under David's name.
> What do you think?  To me this would be more like information than an ad.

If David wants to have a webpage for additional sponsorship info,
he can sign up for a free amazon web service account and get
apache running.  Or stick it on lilynet.net.  Actually, it seems a
shame that most of his funding details are buried in the lilypond
reports, so on a personal level I'd encourage him to have some
more "permanent" place for the latest funding info.  And lilynet
is a good place for "experimental" / "unofficial" stuff.

But can we stop arguing about commercializing lilypond.org?  As a
result of a fair amount of arguments, we have a sponsorship page.
Do you really want to re-open that debate?  after only a few
months?  I'm pretty sick of that topic.

- Graham