Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 19:18:58 +0200
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
>
> Tim Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> course
> with
>>> In other words, composers who use Lilypond are a [very, very small]
>>> subset of a [very small] subset of all people.
>>
>> That is a completely accurate assessment.  Given that, isn't it a
>> wonder, when looking at this mailing list, that we can be so vocal and
>> opinionated?
>
> Well, returning to the topic in the subject line: on May 24th, my rally
> for funding my work on LilyPond had netted ?165 for the month when I
> posted my guess that the bare minimum of ?800 I needed for just
> subsisting would not be met this month.  I have not yet corrected the
> balance with regard to payments intended for more than one month, but it
> turns out that the balance now is more like ?1150.
>
> Even the subset of the subset of the subset that is reading this mailing
> list, vocal and opinionated or not, is making a difference for me, and
> certainly also for LilyPond.  And a large part of this difference _is_
> by being vocal and opinionated on this list.

You should have a look at the website for Ardour if you haven't already.  Paul
has a little bar that fills up toward a monthly total, and has an easy donation
method that is highly visible.  You might also want to get in touch with him to
get
some details on how that process has worked for Ardour.

If you end up implementing something like that on the Lilypond website, I'll
donate the first $100.

-Jonathan