Re: musescore lands sponsoring?

From: Marc Weber
Subject: Re: musescore lands sponsoring?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:15:31 +0200

Excerpts from Jan Nieuwenhuizen's message of Tue May 29 09:56:14 +0200 2012:
> Wouldn't LilyPond have been a technically superior choice for this
> sponsoring project?  What are we missing?

Just talking about my personal experience ..

I personally can only say that I've tried teaching lilypond to a
friendly woman and my mother - I failed both times (due to complexity).
It was too much for them to remember syntax and some templates for
repetitions and such.

Both were able to write scores with muscore. Of course they are no
professional type setters.

Musecore fails to render some specific cases when printing - but
exporting to lilypond seems to work in all (little) cases I tried.

Thus for simple cases I like that combination: musescore for typing and
lilypond for rendering.

Sponsorings are not always easy to understand :(

Marc Weber