Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:34:31 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:
>> As great as Lilypond's output is, there is a long way to go in terms
>> of simplification and usability (the syntax needs to be simplified
>> dramatically;
>> a lot of the code users have to write is pretty ugly and is going to
>> scare off potential users).
>
> +10
> I'm very excited about what GLISS will change in this regard.

GLISS is going to be about taking account, and seeing where we want to
be heading.  But we will still need to tackle every step on the way.
GLISS itself will not be changing things, it will only outline changes.
And when somebody then implements them, he will not have to fight for
the changes themselves.  Only for his implementation.

At least that is what I understand here.  No bikeshed will get painted.
But we'll work out what paint to order.

--
David Kastrup