Re: include user defined postscript libraries into output

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: include user defined postscript libraries into output
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 21:57:47 +0000

On 5/25/12 3:03 AM, "ArnoldTheresius" <address@hidden> wrote:

>If you work a lot with postscript markups, you'll wish to have an easy
>method
>to include 'postcript libaries' (usually prodecure sets) into the PS
>output,
>which will be converted to PDF or other formats. Well, at least I do.

<snip>

>Finally my questions:
>- Is it correct to put the declation of postscript-user-libraries into
>lily.scm? Or is there a better file?

I would probably tend to put it in one of the .ly files.  Perhaps
engraver-init.ly.

>- Is it correct to use ly:gulp-file? Or is this wasting of memory because
>the compete file will be read into memory before the output is done?

It seems to me to be fine.

>- Are there other PLATFORMs for lilypond, other then 'windows, which use
>case-insensitive file names?

OSX uses case-insensitive file names as well (at least internally)

>- Can the translations of messages (warning messages) be added without any
>compiler?

Yes -- just use ly:warning to display them.

>- Is this sulution worth to be added to lilypond development?

I would tend *not* to add this to the lilypond source tree.  We are moving
in the direction of avoiding any specific back-end commands, so that
output can be put to any output source (e.g. SVG instead of ps).  This
goes in the opposite direction.

I think this makes a great lilypond snippet.  I'd love to see it in the
LSR.

Thanks,

Carl