Re: Four Bars per Line/System, again :)

From: ole
Subject: Re: Four Bars per Line/System, again :)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:31:09 +0200

Am 19.05.2012 um 04:19 schrieb David Nalesnik:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Jay Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Slightly better would be to get rid of the bars-per-line define so
>> it's self-contained:
>>

> True, thank you--I've incorporated your suggestion below.
>
> Thinking about this some more, I figure the next logical step is to write
> an engraver which allows you to specify the number of measures for each
> line of the score.  I've come up with the solution below.
>
> If you use the (commented-out) override and you have measures left over,
> these will be crammed into the last line.  Without the
> 'line-break-permission override, Lily will space the remaining measures as
> usual.
>
> Hope this proves useful!
>
> Best,
> David

Just want to report that the improved version gives the following error:

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/init.ly:111:66:
 Fehler: syntax error, unexpected $end
   (ly:parser-error parser (_ "expected error, but none found"))))

The first version works fine...

best,
ole