Pronunciation hints in \markup block

From: Philip Thomas
Subject: Pronunciation hints in \markup block
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 13:24:22 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

I am setting a piece of vocal music in which I wish to include pronunciation
hints for the singers. For example, I
might want to indicate that an "e" in a word should be pronounced as "eh"
(rather than "ee"). To achieve this, it would
be handy to insert "eh" (possibly in italics) immediately over (or under) the
"e" concerned.

I have found suggestions
for adding \dynamic marks to lyrics. Tailor-made new dynamics could then be
included, formatted as desired and tweaked
into the correct position. But I don't really want to clutter the lyrics line
within the music itself. I intend in any
event to include the entire text in a \markup block, immediately following the
\score. Is there any way of adding this
kind of markup to the text in the markup block? Any help appreciated. Sorry if
I've missed something blindingly obvious
in the documentation or on the forum.

Cheers, Philip