Re: Installing LilyPond fonts for use in programs under

From: Philip Thomas
Subject: Re: Installing LilyPond fonts for use in programs under
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:02:40 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

>The easiest way to
do that is probably by installing Denemo

>    http://www.denemo.org/Download

Thanks, Jan.

I tried it, and the font was indeed then present in font lists
under Windows, but in a rather quirky way -- small glyphs with difficult-to-use
spacing. My workaround: When I need a
LilyPond glyph in a Windows program, I produce it in PDF format from a .ly file
by the conventional LilyPond route, and
then use Adobe Reader's snapshot feature to copy and paste it. Not entirely
satisfactory since resizing of the pasted
image results in some loss of definition of the image, but I'll work on
improving that.

Philip