Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext doesn't remove empty staff

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext doesn't remove empty staff
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 02:28:13 +0200

Am 27. April 2012 01:51 schrieb Thomas Ruedas <address@hidden>:
> Hi again,
> I have a piano score in which there are sometimes two, sometimes three
> staves, and I want the empty third staff to disappear during long stretches
> in which it is empty. This used to work in an earlier version (2.10) but
> after having converted to 2.14.2, it doesn't anymore.

Hi Thomas,

this is a new feature with 2.14.
The "Keep_alive_together_engraver": Per default a PianoStaff is
removed only when all staves are empty. A single staff isn't deleted
any more.
If you want this behaviour, remove the "Keep_alive_together_engraver".

Your layout should look:

 \layout {
   \context {
     \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
   }
  \context {
     \PianoStaff
     \remove "Keep_alive_together_engraver"
  }
   \context {
     \Score
     \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

> Below follows a short
> example that reproduces the problem; it follows the approach given in the
> example snippet from
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/input/regression/collated-files.html, which is
> similar to my original.

Would be nice If you name the sippet, the regression-test is very large.

Cheers,
  Harm