Re: Make Tie a Slur

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Make Tie a Slur
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:47:57 +0200

Am 21.04.2012 17:53, schrieb Pavel Roskin:
Quoting Nils <address@hidden>:

Hello,

I have 70 pieces with ties and slurs here. They are already in Lilypond
with the correct syntax.

Now my publisher says he wants that ties look like slurs.
I couldn't disagree more but I have no choice here.

Any suggestions how make the ties look like slurs without changing them
all manually?

It may be possible to write an engraver that would get tie events, hide ties and create slurs instead. But I see little motivation to do something that won't improve music typesetting.

You may want to replace ties with macros that can expand to a slur or to a tie.

%% Insane publisher
%tieStart = (
%tieEnd = )

% Sane publisher
tieStart = ~
tieEnd = {}

{ c'' \tieStart c'' \tieEnd }

I don't think this is something the OP wants to do as he has 70 finished pieces.
What he wants is a general override to achieve the desired look, isn't it?

Nils, you might get help if you tell us what it is you want to achieve. Maybe post images of the current and the desired output?

Best
Urs