Re: hideNotes in tablature

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: hideNotes in tablature
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 07:38:17 +0200

Am 16.04.2012 23:25, schrieb Federico Bruni:
Il 16/04/2012 12:24, Marc Hohl ha scritto:
if you create a patch, I think you can remove the

Stem #'transparent = ##t

in the definition of TabVoice in ly/engraver-init.ly, because the stems
have
now length zero, so this is superfluous (and will be reverted by the
first call
of \unHideNotes anyway).

Mmmmh, in that file I can read that stems in TabVoice are made as short as possible, but they are still there:

%% make the Stems as short as possible to minimize their influence
  %% on the slur::calc-control-points routine
  \override Stem #'no-stem-extend = ##t
  \override Flag #'style = #'no-flag
  \override Stem #'details = #'((lengths 0 0 0 0 0 0)
                                (beamed-lengths 0 0 0)
                                (beamed-minimum-free-lengths 0 0 0)
                                (beamed-extreme-minimum-free-lengths 0 0)
                                (stem-shorten 0 0))
  %% after all, the stubs of the stems may still be visible, so ...
  \override Stem #'stencil = ##f

I found just the override above (can't find Stem #'transparent = ##t).
If I comment it, stems are displayed in TabStaff.
Oh, sorry, you are right - I stay corrected.

BTW, there's no more need to override the whiteout property, right?
I can see that hideNotes hide the whiteout even if no specific override is included.
That's right, when a grob is set transparent, the whiteout is removed automatically.

Regards,

Marc