Re: musicxml2ly from sibelius

From: Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly from sibelius
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:20:32 -0700

>> I'm a bit surprised you have musicxml from Sibelius.  As far as I was
>> aware, it doesn't export into _any_ useful interchange format, including
>> musicxml.
>
> Googling suggests there is an expensive 3rd party program.

Googling also suggests that Sibelius is confident of their MusicXML
output in version 7.x.

Using xmllint to test for xml validity, it does not appear to have any
problems there, so it seems to me that there are problems either with
Sibelius's export to xml or with Lilypond's conversion scripts.
Sibelius's dev team primarily tests transport to and from Finale, so I
think both export and conversion are likely culprits for problems.

—Josiah