Re: Automatic beams

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Automatic beams
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:32:04 -0700 (PDT)

Helge Kruse-4 wrote:

> In this measure I want to break up the sextuplets in treble to a 3+3
> group. The semiquavers should be grouped 2+2.
> The quavers in the base staff should be grouped 2+2.
>

> I can change the beaming with beatStructure, but baseMomemt doesn't
> change anything. I also tried with Staff and Voice context but got the
> same result.
>
> How can I achieve the described grouping?

I vaguely remember you have to fully override the beamings' settings:

\new Staff {
  \time 4/4
  \key g \major \clef bass
  \set Timing.timeSignatureFraction = #'(4 . 4)
  \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()
  \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
  \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(1 1 1 1)
  \relative c {fis8 d' g, d' a d b d | % 24

produces the wanted beaming in the 2nd staff.

for the first staff you'd need a rule for notes like 16th and shorter - I
found this in the NR:

\set Timing.beamExceptions = #'( ;start of alist
      (end . ;entry for end of beams
        ( ;start of alist of end points
          ((1 . 16) . (2 2 2 2)) ;rule for 1/32 beams -- end each 1/16
    )))

hth
Eluze